Saturday, January 11, 2014

My hubby aka Daddy

This post is for my great friend Shannon.

My husband is a wonderful man. He has been the love of my life for the last 17 years. We met in 11th grade Algebra 2 when I "accidentally" kicked him as he walked by. We have been married for 10 and a half years, have two beautiful children and I can't wait to see all God has in store for us! We have been through many things the last 17 years. He has stuck by me through high school dating drama (all my doing ;), college long distant relationship, first jobs, engagement (FINALLY!), family tragedy, our wedding, the First Year, building a home, my awful sick pregnancy, our first sweet baby, him allowing me to stay home (we were broke!), loss of his job and a miscarriage (in the same month), another awful sick pregnancy, our second sweet baby, loss of friends, and countless other trials and joys.

He is an amazing man and I am one lucky gal.

While I was growing up my parents affectionately called one another "Mama" and "Daddy". They did this so we would hear them called by the names they wanted us to use. Have you ever heard children calling their parents by their first names? Yeah. That didn't fly at our house.

So when we became pregnant with Grits, I started calling him "Daddy" because that's how my mama and daddy did it so it seemed natural. The problem is, since that time, I hardly ever call him by his real name. Like ever. Even in public.

Like in the grocery store, I'll ask him "Hey Daddy don't let me forget the toilet paper".

Or at dinner with our friends, "Daddy would you mind handing me the salt?"

So a few weeks ago at a wedding, I called him Daddy at the dinner table and my friend Shannon cringed. She does not like it when I call him that in public!

As I started thinking about what to call him on the blog, it seemed only natural to call him Daddy.

Sorry Shannon.

I know. Some people think its weird. But its just the way we do things.

But for Shannon, I'm trying to remember, at least when we are in public, to remember to call him by his real name.

Just for fun- Here's a pic of what some people probably think when they hear me!

No comments:

Post a Comment