Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frozen and Idina Menzel

Today we took Grits to see Frozen. I really like the movie. But more than that, I LOVED the music. As soon as the main character, Elsa, began to sing I knew I had heard that voice before. I knew I had spent countless hours singing along with her. It was Idina Menzel. For those of you that don't know she was the lead in the broadway hit Wicked. Elphaba. Her voice is enchanting. Amazing. Haunting. In the very best way. 

Thank you Disney. Thank you for giving me a new soundtrack to belt out along with. And thank you Idina. For lending your voice. Truly beautiful. 

And if you happen to see me driving around, singing at the top of my lungs, yes. Yes I'm singing "Let it go" ;)

2 comments:

  1. We haven't seen it yet, is it good? (Frozen not Wicked...I've seen Wicked and LOVED it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FROZEN is the best movie Disney has brought out in a really long time! Good message, great music!! And Mama Dot, Grace will give you a run for your money! She can belt out those songs, especially "let It Go!" It is her favorite also!!

    ReplyDelete