Thursday, February 13, 2014

Be my valentine

Love day is upon us. And this year I decided to start a new tradition for the kiddos on Valentines day. Nothing huge. Just a few dollar tree decorations, some target dollar bin goodies and donuts from our favorite local donut shop. Just a little surprise to say "we LOVE you"! 

In our family we say "I love you" a lot. Every time we leave each other, hang up the phone and sometimes just in the middle of a conversation we stop and say it. But more than that, we DO love. 
And that's even more important than saying it. Don't get me wrong. Saying it is important and we all love to hear it, but doing it is what matters. Especially with your kids. They forget a lot of what you say but they never forget how you make them feel. And I want my kids to feel loved. 

So today (and every day) tell the people around you that you love them. And show them. 

Lovingly yours ;)
Mama Dot

"For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever belived in him, should not perish but have eternal life" - john 3:16




No comments:

Post a Comment